Should you get Balloon Sinuplasty?
Sinus pressure, pain, and headaches are often the sign of inflamed sinus passages. These symptoms, if severe enough, can lead to chronic sinusitis. This build-up of fluid in the nasal passages results in severe pain and pressure around the nose and head, sometimes making it impossible to function in your daily activities. Chronic sinusitis is often difficult to manage and requires you to take various types of medication. In even more severe cases, chronic sinusitis can require surgery for you to have lasting relief.
Dr. Robertson, ENT specialist, located just a short drive from Alabaster, Alabama, uses a less invasive treatment for chronic sinusitis called balloon sinuplasty. Traditional sinus surgeries require doctors to open the nasal cavity by removing bone and tissue. Balloon Sinuplasty offers patients a much easier, faster, and less invasive treatment option than surgically opening the nasal cavity.
How does it work:
Dr. Robertson inserts a balloon catheter through the nostril, which then drains the fluid from your nasal cavity. With the balloon catheter, ENT specialists can gently drain the fluid, giving patients much-needed relief.
Benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty:
- This procedure does not involve cutting or nasal packing, and it is the top procedure used by ENT's near the Alabaster area.
- It is usually done in-office, making the procedure convenient for patients.
- There is no bone or tissue removal, allowing you to make a quick recovery.
- No need to have general anesthesia with balloon sinuplasty.
- If you are ineligible for sinus surgery, this is an excellent option.
Call us today!
If you need sinus relief, call Dr. Robertson today and ask about how balloon sinuplasty can help you relieve the pressure. Located near Alabaster, Alabama, Dr. Robertson and his team are dedicated to helping you say good-bye to chronic sinusitis.