What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
If you are experiencing sinus pressure, pain, and headaches, you could suffer from inflamed sinus passages. When these symptoms are severe, it often can lead to chronic sinusitis, a build-up of fluid in the nasal passages. Chronic sinusitis results in severe pain and pressure around the nose and head, making it difficult to function. If you suffer from chronic sinusitis, it is often difficult to manage the symptoms with various medications. Chronic sinusitis can also require surgery for relief.
ENT specialist Dr. Scott Robertson focuses on using a less invasive treatment for chronic sinusitis called balloon sinuplasty. Located just a short drive from Bessemer, Alabama, Dr. Robertson and his staff are dedicated to helping those who suffer from sinus related issues find relief. While traditional sinus surgeries require doctors to remove bone and tissue to open the nasal cavity, balloon sinuplasty is easier, faster, and much less invasive than surgery.
How Does it Work:
Balloon Sinuplasty requires your doctor to insert a balloon catheter through the nostril. The catheter then gently drains the fluid from the nasal cavity, giving you the relief you need.
Benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty:
- Balloon sinuplasty is convenient for patients since it is an in-office procedure.
- It does not involve cutting or nasal packing, so it is the top procedure ENTs use in the Bessemer area.
- Since there is no bone or tissue removal, the procedure allows you to recover quickly.
- Balloon sinuplasty is an excellent option for those who are ineligible for sinus surgery.
- With balloon sinuplasty, there is no need to use general anesthesia.
Call us today!
Dr. Robertson can help you relieve your sinus pressure. Just a short drive from Bessemer, Alabama, Dr. Robertson and his team are dedicated to helping you find relief for your chronic sinusitis.