Are Hearing Aids Right for You?
Not being able to hear can result in you missing important information and leave you feeling frustrated. Dr. Scott Robertson is an experienced ENT located near Vestavia Hills. Here, ENT specialists are dedicated to helping patients find a solution for hearing-related problems.
Today there are many options for hearing aid. Digital hearing aids are the most commonly used due to being battery-powered. This makes them low maintenance and simple to use.
Today's hearing aids vary in price, size, and have a variety of special features, so finding one for your needs is simple. The various options allow patients to find a hearing aid that fits all your hearing needs. There is also no need to feel self-conscious about your hearing aids' visibility since they are much less noticeable and smaller.
Dr. Robertson offers patients a variety of hearing aids:
- CIC or completely in the canal hearing aids are molded to fit inside the ear canal. CIC hearing aids are perfect for adults with mild and moderate hearing loss.
- ITC or in the canal hearing aids are custom-molded but only fit partly in the ear canal. ITC hearing aids are larger than the CIC, but still less visible, and they are ideal for those with mild to moderate hearing loss. They also have more features than the CIC hearing aids.
- ITE or in the ear hearing aids have two styles to choose from: either filling most of the outer ear's bow-shaped area or only the lower part. Both styles work well for those with mild to severe hearing loss.
- BTE or behind the ear hearing aids are usually what one thinks of when thinking of hearing aids. The BTE hearing aids hook over the tip of the ear to rest behind it. It is suitable for any hearing loss, has a variety of features, and can be more amplified than the other hearing aids.
- RIC, receiver in canal, or RITE, receiver in the ear have tiny wires connecting the receiver to the hearing aid, making the RIC hearing aid less visible.
If you are in the Vestavia Hills area and need help with your hearing, call Dr. Robertson today to book your appointment. We offer our patients a full evaluation so you can find the best hearing aid for your specific needs.